March 7, 2023
Dear Parent/ Guardian,
Welcome to John Philip Sousa Elementary School! We are busy preparing for Kindergarten Orientation on Tuesday, April 4th beginning promptly at 9:30 am. During this meeting, you will be introduced to key personnel who will be working with your children while your children visit a kindergarten classroom. We will also share information that will help your family begin the transition to Kindergarten while meeting other parents in our school community. Please refrain from bringing younger siblings to orientation so that you can be fully focused on this important first step into kindergarten.
Important Information for your visit:
- Name tag: Your child should proudly wear the color-coded name tag on orientation day.
- Parking: Please park in the lot adjacent to the playground.
- Arrival: Enter through the main entrance of the building into the main lobby.
- Check-in: Find the table with the corresponding color-coded tablecloth (blue, green, red, yellow and purple) to your child’s name tag for check- in by a kindergarten teacher. This teacher may NOT be the assigned teacher for your child in September.
- What’s next?: Once checked in, your child will be escorted by a staff member to a classroom while you join us in the cafeteria for the presentation.
- Student Pictures: A staff member will take a picture of each of the children. This picture will be used to create a welcome display in September. If you are unable to join us at Kindergarten Orientation, please send a picture of your child to the main office so we can include your child.
- Bus information: will be mailed to your home in August.
- Placement Information: Teacher assignments will be posted via the parent portal in late August.
- You are invited to share information about your child with us via this link: https://forms.gle/n2FFXyX3nUgfssSt9
We are looking forward to providing your child with a rewarding education here at Sousa. We encourage your participation in school life by becoming an active member of our school community. I look forward to meeting with you on Tuesday, April 4, 2023.
Meg Sheehan, Principal