Top Ten Things Sousa Parents Should Know
1. Support Sousa School by getting involved in the Home and School Association (HSA). The HSA has a wide variety of volunteer opportunities to meet everyone's interests and schedules. It’s a great way to meet new people and to be more connected to the school.
2. Your child must arrive at school on time as academic instruction begins promptly at 8:45 A.M.
3. All visitors to Sousa MUST bring a valid photo ID and sign in and out at our front desk.
4. Faculty at Sousa have email accounts. All email addresses follow the same protocol: first initial of their first name followed by their whole last name @portnet.org ,[email protected] Teachers may not be able to access their email during the school day, email is not a good choice of communication for situations that require timely action.
5. Please send in a note to your child's teacher when changing your child's dismissal procedure. If calling in to make changes in your child's dismissal, please do so prior to 12:00 P.M.
6. Please call the Main Office at 767-5355 when your child will be absent, and definitely no later than 9:00 A.M. Sick children must remain at home until they are fever free or have not thrown up/had diarrhea for at least 24 hours. Upon their return, you must submit a handwritten note explaining their absence for school records.
7. Parents need to be patient and considerate when dropping off students in the morning. Do not use the driveway at the main entrance – that is reserved for buses. Kindly use our parking lot near the playground.
8. Please try not to call the Main Office between 2:45 P.M.-3:15 P.M. as we are busy safely dismissing the students.
9. Please refer to your Sousa Student Directory for student addresses and phone numbers. All HSA Committee/Chairperson information can be found on the HSA’s website. All communication regarding the HSA and all important school information is communicated via email. Please be sure that the HSA has your correct email address.
10. The first Friday of every month is Sousa Spirit Day. Have your child wear Sousa gear or red clothing in support of our school.